Fees for Our Legal Services
Solicitors are free to agree with you whatever payment levels you, and they, wish. It is important to be clear about the difference between a fixed fee and a minimum fee estimate/quote.
A fixed fee is a fixed amount that we would charge for the job, however long it takes. We will specify in some detail what is covered in the fixed fee and if events or steps occur outside those specifications, then further fees will be payable. However, in the main, if you are offered a fixed fee that should be what you pay for that service.
A quote or a minimum fee estimate is our estimation of what something may cost generally based on our hourly rates. It does not mean that we are contractually obliged to deliver the services for that fee.
The traditional way for solicitors to charge would be by an hourly rate taking into account the number of hours spent on a matter.
Our firm works on a combination of the following fee structures:
- A minimum fee estimate basis for more routine matters
- An hourly rate where it is not always easy to decipher what work will be needed
We are as conscious as you of the importance of making every paid-for minute count. We take pride in our time-efficiency and effectiveness. Our objective is to reasonably provide the best service to our clients.
Our initial client care letter sent to you at the start of your matter will include information on the following:
- What services are included in the fees quoted
- We highlight any services not included within the fee quote
- We include information on key stages and typical timescales
- We provide information on the qualifications and experience of our team members so that our clients are aware of who is carrying out the work and who the senior solicitor supervising them would be
We aim to always be clear on our pricing information. Our price information includes the following:
- We will explain the basis of our charges and will include details of our hourly and minimum fee estimate rates
- We will highlight disbursements and other associated costs
- We will be clear on whether VAT is included
Contact Our Team Now
If you would like more information, send us an email or give us a call.