Robert started his legal journey of becoming a solicitor in 2000 and has practiced law ever since. Due to his past experience, the compelling legal work and business deals he has been fortunate to be a part of over the last 20 years, he has matured into an experienced hybrid solicitor whose aim is to solve problems and progress clients’ legal transactions as quickly as he reasonably can, with clear, straightforward, solution driven legal advice. He is a real estate, corporate and commercial property solicitor who also undertakes private client and residential property matters when needed.
Robert qualified as a solicitor in 2003, worked in London for 15 years and is now one of the firm’s equity partners. Lately, in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 editions of the UK Legal 500 he was recognised as a leading solicitor in the legal work he undertakes with quotes about him such as “Robert is first rate”.
Robert is passionate about all aspects of property law and business, including providing litigation services for when things need to be put right! He has practised in almost all areas of property, real estate, landlord and tenant, private client and finance work. He has been responsible for drafting a variety of complex and bespoke legal documents relating to deals valued at £55 million. His clients have been lending banks, investor portfolios, a wide range of businesses, developers, football clubs, charities and international/ typical high street clients.
Robert is our head of the commercial and residential property teams and supervises all the fee earners in his departments. He has completed several professional development courses over the years to make sure he stays up to date with the developments within the law.
Here are some examples of the more complex work areas Robert can help you with:
- Drafting business sales agreements subject to TUPE regulations and transfers of businesses as going concerns, advising on VAT implications and drafting loan agreements for deferred business purchase payments,
- Commercial property litigation, lease renewals or refusals under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 & disputed rent review matters,
- Drafting share sale agreements for property-based companies or individuals where their only assets are bricks and mortar.
- Drafting a wide variety of complex and bespoke commercial property leases, contracts, including all associated documents such as, option agreements, overage agreements and restraint of trade clauses.
- Company and director financing and refinancing, including developer exit finance.
- Land acquisitions of sites for residential or commercial property development including drafting all of the associated paperwork (joint venture agreements, Section 106’s, unilateral agreements, sale transfers, etc.) and then dealing with the individual conveyancing of the subsequent plot sales of the newly constructed properties.
- Sales and purchases of any type of freehold or leasehold commercial or residential properties and drafting associated documents such as, transfers, licences to assign, deeds of surrender and assignments of goodwill.
- General commercial and residential property litigation and advocacy for when contentious matters need to be put before the Courts.
- All aspects of residential lease extensions and litigation work required under the Leasehold Reform Housing & Urban Development Act 1993.